From the Artist to the Lover
Guidelines for Intimate Art
This ethics is practiced through six guidelines:
- Created through desire.
- ‘Interest’ is not interesting; engage with the world.
- Driven by not-knowing.
- Releasing the control from the creative process. Abandon the idea of productivity.
- Based on affective exchanges.
- Acts through engagement between the artist, place and spectator.
- The artist becomes a lover, and the spectator becomes a lover.
- Highlights the presence of the body.
- Where all these previous things come from.
Awarded by the Culture Funds of the Ministry of Culture and the Arts, Government of Chile (2021).